Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A New Home

Today was the start of my big adventure. My name is Clank and I’m a whole eleven weeks old today. So, I got to move to a new forever home. I’m really going to miss my family at Toreth, but I had lots of hugs with everyone and said goodbye to my brothers and sisters, so they know I love them.


I met my new Moms and my two big brothers and I rode in a really huge truck and got a neat new harness-thing and a stuffed sheep and my very own dinner bowl and a crate with a really soft fleece bed in it and it was fun!


My brother Ratchet is a Corgi like me, so I don’t feel quite so bad about leaving my Mommy Kayla and my littermates. At least we talk the same language. Boy, he is really grumpy! I keep talking to him and he keeps grumbling at me. He really got cranky when I tried to play with his rolly-ball, but I figured I should get some of those treats that fall out of it on the floor. That’s okay. I’ll just keep talking Corgi to him and pretty soon he’ll come around.


The other guy is a ginormous old yellow Lab named Jive. He’s been pretty nice to me, though he did bark at me when I got up in his face. I’ve been trying to sniff his butt, but it’s way over my head and he wags his tail all the time – I’m afraid I’ll get a concussion. He did let me sit on his bed with him, though. He’s a really good sport.


My new Moms are really cool, especially Mommy Shar. She gives me lots of pets and goes with me everywhere. I even learned to sit and sit up already. That’s really cool ‘cause you get treats when you do stuff you learn.

The other really great thing about my new home is that there are more stuffed toys here than at PetsMart. So far, I’ve played with a monkey and a duck in a little roadster and some other ones, too. The best one was a blue and yellow octopus with lots of legs I can pull on. I liked it so much I had to run all over the room as fast as I could with it. I tried playing with Mommy’s shoelaces, but she gave me the stink-eye, so I got my duck instead.


I’ve been having so much fun, I had to take two naps! Man, this is the life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my DAWG, you are hilarious and totally spoiling that dude.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for loving him so much.

    I will be your forever fan! Looking forward to reading further exploits of the intrepid band of heroes.

    ReplyDelete