Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Really Big Day

My name is Ratchet. I’m a Cardigan Welsh Corgi and I live in a nice house with my Moms and my big old brother, Jive. He’s a Lab, but he’s ancient, so he doesn’t play with me. He mostly sleeps all day.

Today was amazing. My Moms and I took a really long drive. I saw lots of interesting things out the window and after about a hundred years, we finally arrived at this really cool place called Toreth.

They have sheep and a whole herd of Corgis like me. They also have a really neat bulldog named Gus. He and I bumped noses and he was a very nice guy.



The puppies were pretty cool, except I think some of them must have gotten into fights and broken their ears, because they were all wrapped up with masking tape. Sure glad I didn’t meet the guy who won the fight!

I got to meet a lovely lady named Léo Washburn and her daughters. I put the old smooth moves on them and we were all friends in no time. We even had cuddles on the couch. I love dog people!



Then for some completely unexplained reason, my Mommy Shar took one of the Corgi puppies and put him in the truck and we drove away with him. I had to bark at every single car we saw on the way home, just so he’d know I’m in charge.


They tell me this guy is my little brother, Clank. I guess he is sort of cute, but I’m hanging close to my Mommy Annie and letting this interloper know that he’s not going to get away with anything on my watch (I grumble at him). Mommy Shar says I better be nice, ‘cause I’m supposed to be the big boy and have good manners. That is sooo unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment