Friday, September 18, 2009

Down on the Farm

Ratchet’s Report:

Last Saturday we had some serious fun. We all got in the big truck and went for a ride to visit Uncle Spencer and Auntie Linda at their fabulous farm. It’s got roses and fruit trees and its very own pond and lots and lots of room for a dog to stretch his legs and run. I heard the Moms say it’s five whole acres. We also got to see their Boston Terrier, Stormy.

While the people were visiting, I looked around the house and it seemed to me that it needed something to give it that warm, lived in feeling. So I cocked my leg and blessed the wall and a suitcase. Dog, you’d think I ate someone’s cat the way everyone reacted! Mom put me on a leash and I had to sit under the table and listen to a lot of boring people conversation.

Stormy and Clank were living it up, playing all over the house and I was just stuck under the table. I had to step in when things got a little out of hand between them and break it up, but it was just a friendly game of “eat your head.”

Stomy’s the official farm dog and he showed Clank around the place. I’ve been there before, so I decided to hang around with the family so they wouldn’t feel abandoned.

Clank and Stormy have a lot in common, since they’re both obsessed with sticks. The thing is that Stormy’s idea of a stick is a tree limb about eight feet long. So, he got the kid to pick up one end of a tree branch and he grabbed the other and they carried it around together. I could hardly believe it.

Of course, I got lots of hugs and scritches from Uncle Spencer and Auntie Linda, and I gave so many kisses & cuddles to Auntie Linda she said I was like a therapy dog. I really like Auntie Linda.

Then the kid showed up with Stormy and we had some fun playing tag. Dog, can that Boston run! Clank’s tongue was practically dragging on the ground from chasing him. What a great time.

Clank’s Report:

I had the greatest experience last weekend. I met Uncle Spencer & Auntie Linda and their dog Stormy. He is like the most amazing stick guy in the world, and he runs like the wind.

He’s really a great host, too. He showed me all around his yard, and then we ran back and forth like silly nuts for awhile until I had to go get some water or I’d pass out. Whew!

The very best part was when he taught me how to carry a REALLY BIG STICK. I mean this was so big it must have been a whole tree. No lie, it was HUGE. I hope I get to see him again real soon and talk some more about sticks. He promised he show me how to carry big rocks next time I visit. I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

  1. You guys should find an agent. This stuff is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see it now:

    Ratchet & Clank - The Epic Motion Picture!

    Now the boys are going to want agents...

    ReplyDelete