Thursday, September 10, 2009

Toy-o-rama

Ratchet’s Report:

Anybody who knows Corgis knows that we are world-class organizational professionals. I am the top organizational dog at the Happy Puppy Park, despite what those Pembrokes might say about it. Like anyone without a tail could organize anything!

And if you live around humans, you understand why. Yeesh, they are sooo disorganized. Fortunately for our Moms, they have me. We are really making some inroads around our house now that I have my apprentice, Clank.

I’ve been training him up, and he’s doing some great work in the back yard. So far, he’s found lots of sticks, leaves, pine cones, pieces of siding left over when my Mommy Annie & Uncle Spencer built Mommy Shar’s art studio, a few darts from an old dart board, a piece of ancient electrical cord, and a number of rocks.

He keeps bringing the garden shoes and gloves in, but I’ve told him those are supposed to stay outside. I try to give the kid some slack because he’s young and distractable.

We decided to re-organize the toy box last week with a little help from our Moms. First, we hauled all the toys out to the living room and spread them around the floor. Then we looked them over carefully and made two piles: keepers and “too yucky to have in the house.”

The Moms seemed to think an awful lot of our toys fell in the latter category, so Clank and I had to fetch them back out of the box and put them on our keeper pile. That took awhile, since the Moms didn’t agree with us, but we finally got the job done and we’re pretty happy with the results.


Clank’s Report:

I’ve been studying up on organization with my big brother. It’s lots of fun and I think I’m getting pretty good at it. He says I’m a “natural,” except when my teeth hurt and I can’t think of anything but chewing on stuff.

My favorite lesson was going through our toys and picking the ones we like best. What a blast! The Moms helped by taking some of our favorites and putting them in one pile so we could go get them and put them back in our pile. Then they’d put them in the other pile again and we’d do it all over.

Ratchet says I can be his ‘prentice when I get a little older and go to doggy daycare. I can hardly wait! I don’t know what a ‘prentice is, but I bet it’s really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment